Dear Readers and Prospective Officers,
Welcome to the online presence of Dr. JP IAS Academy, Coimbatore. You have landed in this page because you are interested and excited about being an Indian Administrative Officer (IAS) or Indian Police Officer and other equally attractive positions in the civil service.
You want to be in a position which enables you to serve people with power and authority. Because, you have seen what a district collector and police commissioner being able to do in their position. Their authority to help and guide the poor, underprivileged and needy people in difficult times is unparalleled. The command, respect and status are unique to civil service. It has been the way since it was established.
Civil Service has always been valued high by people of all walks of life since it was created in Imperial China by the Emperor Wen of Sui. Civil Service Officers were chosen through the Imperial exam based on merit. The exam was designed to select the best administrative officials for the state’s bureaucracy.
Since then the exam is being used by many countries to have an effective, rational public administration based on a merit system.
Indian Civil Services
- Indian Civil Services form the backbone of the government machinery that serves more than 120 crore people of India.
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) selects through a nation wide exam conducted every year the officers for The Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS) other 24 civil services in India.
- The people manning the various positions of the civil service system must have the utmost integrity and honesty to face the various challenges thrown by various circumstances.
IAS Academy in Coimbatore
- We at Dr. JP IAS Academy, Coimbatore take pride in training aspirants with those values and ethics that are in great demand in the civil services, through concerted effort through classroom coaching and guidance throughout the preparation for cracking this exam.
- The highlight of our IAS program is that we offer free coaching for students who are financially and socially disadvantaged.